Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Small Restaurant Start Up Looking For Edgy/Cool Graphic

Brief Overview

My name is Jonathan Marks. I have been working in restaurants as cook/chef/director for some years now, and have finally worked towards realizing a dream to open my own place. I love food and drink, and the commraderie a small local restaurant can provide. I hope to achieve this and more.
Brand Name
The name of the restaurant is Rooster's Beak.
Target Audience

The target audience is pretty broad. It is a restaurant, so I want to appeal to lots of people, and have the kind of atmosphere and ambience that welcomes everyone. We are a "downtown" restaurant, which for my city usually means a little younger and really eclectic crowds. There is a large medical community in the area along with a university, and some government complex; so our lunch crowd will be a really interesting mix. My city is small and is surrounded by vast suburbia and country, so successfull restaurants have to be sort of destination places. In other words, people go a little out of there way to come because everyone drives. There is not a large foot traffic demographic. This, for me, adds extra emphasis to be unique, and have a really cool graphic.
Requirements

Since the restaurant is called, Rooster's Beak, I am obviously looking for a depiction of a Rooster. What I have in mind is something edgy, almost tribal looking with some embellishments on the beak, eyes, cockscomb, etc. It can be a profile of the head, or the body. I am NOT looking for something like the country rooster you might find at Cracker Barrel or Wal-Mart. I do not want a lot of colors. Mostly black lines and if anything, dark reds, yellows, oranges, blues. The graphic needs to be able to be converted down for a business card, and rendered wall size for the interior of the actual restaurant. I don't want something goofy and silly that you might find at Disney...you know, a rooster with sunglasses, holding a taco, and smiling. The key words for me are edgy, tribal, cool, eye catching. I want people to see the graphic and know it is this restaurant. I have had some setbacks already trying to find a graphic, so the sooner the better. I am very eager to find something, and look forward to seeing the results!
It’s a open contest. First you have to send me jpg format. If you are announced as winner then you have to send me psd format of the design. And you will be given 100$. The contest is only for Indian and Bangladeshi.
For more details
manik_vai_lucky@yahoo.com
hasibabdullah@gmail.com
cell: +8801922017777

No comments:

Post a Comment